Plain old mushrooms
Mushrooms on Toast
Originally uploaded by eatzycath.
Dining alone at home can easily descend into 'instant noodles' or grabbing a couple of biscuits from the tin, especially when I'm late home from work. Who has the energy to slice, cook and wash-up? However, tonight, I couldn't stomach another packet of 'Koka' noodles but hunger pangs needed a quick solution. Dived into fridge and found a punnet of button mushrooms. Still had some bread left - mushrooms on toast - not as quick as instant noodles but no more than 6 mins tops.
* Butter 2 slices of bread and pop into toaster. (toast for 3 to 4 mins)
* While bread is toasting, rinse mushrooms, slice off stems and cut into half. Chop some parsley. (1.5 mins at most - including rummaging in fridge for parsley sprigs)
* Heat up pan and melt a knob of butter, add mushrooms, pinch of salt and black pepper, let mushrooms brown to lovely colour and cook till tender (2 to 3 mins).
* Add chopped parsley to pan and sprinkle a bit of lemon juice.
* Ping! toast is ready - place on plate, serve mushrooms on top of toast and drizzle the lovely fragrant butter sauce over mushrooms cum toast!
* [add 1 min to locate camera and snap pic] - CHOW TIME, a much more appetizing alternative ....