Thursday, October 19, 2006

Weekend Perk

The weekend... ahhh, just the thought of these two precious days will put a light spring in my steps on its eve! The only days when I don't have to drag myself out of bed at an unearthly hour, no rushing out of the house without a cup of caffeinated sustenance and no fighting through miserable tail-gating early morning traffic into the office.

Yes, yes, on weekends, I can sleep as late as I wish only to wake when my stomach growls in protest... on weekends, I have the luxury of time of making breakfasts at leisure... on weekends, I actually get to see the morning sun-rays streaming into my home giving me the wonderful natural lighting for photoshoots of my breakfast.... can't wait for each weekend to come and embrace me!

Two weekends ago, this bowl of colorful reds and blues bathed in gold greeted my Saturday morning.
Sunday Morning Perk

A simple bowl of plain yoghurt, sprinkled with a generous handful of organic apple walnut muesli (from Bunalun), decorated with slices of sierra sweet plums and dotted with a few blueberries, and heavily drizzled with thistleflower honey.... need I say more when you can just feast your eyes on the shots here!

Is it too hedonistic to claim that this is one of my simple weekend pleasures... ahh well, a hedonist I will be then if all weekends consist of pure simple pleasures of this nature!

And so from one hedonist to another (I assume you must be one if you're reading my blog), let me bid you a hedonistic weekend filled with epicurean pleasures :-)

A Bowl of Goodness

23 Comments:

Blogger Edith said...

been feeling miserable with this blanket of haze looming over. seeing your bowl of "sunshine" sure perks me up for a better tomorrow.

10/20/2006 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

Wow, your pictures are as cheerfully bright & colourful as always, even for a bowl of plain yogurt!

10/20/2006 10:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just be a photo-journalist, will ya? heheh.. happy birthday, cath! from, Surina

10/21/2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@PM - yeah, the haze situation sucks.. can't do a whole lot of stuff outdoors.. am hoping for rain every other day.. think I will go out and do the rain dance tomorrow :-)

@tummythoz - thanks and your words are equally cheering to me :-)

@surina - thanks for the lovely wishes and for remembering each year, you're so sweet :-)

10/21/2006 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

nice ! enjoy ur hols girl

10/22/2006 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Audrey Cooks said...

U need not say anymore, your photos speak a thousand words. Happy birthday Cath!

10/22/2006 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks, mike, hope you enjoyed yours as well... heard that DeepaRaya is an especially long one back in Malaysia this year!

audrey, thank you for your well wishes :-)

10/24/2006 09:48:00 PM  
Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

deeparaya ? i gotta work......delayed my day off and i'm exhausted...cant wait till me day off to spend some time in the kitchen...been missing kithcen and my preggie wife.

10/28/2006 08:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully photographed healthy brekkie.

Happy Belated Birthday! :)

10/30/2006 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger pek ya said...

hi,
i happen to chance upon your blog and was really impressed with the write up and of course the beautiful delicious pictures!

thanks for brightening my day!

10/30/2006 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@foodcrazee - forgot you're in the hotel industry and public holidays are not off days for you... here's wishing you well earned rest on your day off :-)

@slurp, very happy to receive your well wishes - thank you!

@py, welcome and thanks a lot for dropping me a note - hope to see you more often :-)

10/31/2006 10:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can something so healthy look so good? :) well, anyway, i like ur photos!

12/08/2006 07:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great looking food ! Well done to your research and presentation !

9/03/2007 11:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going tom try that cause I love apples vey much...

2/13/2009 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great, Apples are really delicious.

3/02/2009 03:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this one, I will sure enjoy eating this.

3/09/2009 05:04:00 PM  
Anonymous goodpeoplegives said...

Thanks for this one hope to see more. And eat more.

4/08/2009 03:22:00 PM  
Anonymous cash4trends said...

Thanks for this one.

4/08/2009 03:36:00 PM  
Anonymous onsuccess09 said...

Thanks for sharing this great post.

4/08/2009 03:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Criminal Background Check said...

Thanks for a nice and informative site. Somehow I was drawn to reading the post and I enjoyed a lot. Have a nice day!

4/20/2009 08:47:00 PM  
Anonymous sansian said...

im wondering what taste that have! It has apple on the ingredients which i think i only have...lol
there's no black berry available in our market

4/25/2009 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Vicman Calara said...

I wonder what is the taste of that i think it's better to post the taste of that so everyone will easy to imagine what kind of taste is that.


loans

6/24/2009 11:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Personal loans said...

Wow! looks delicious i wish i was there, I'm thinking too if what its taste like.






Cash advances

6/27/2009 05:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home