Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Cupcake Heaven

Cupcakes-Watercolor
The baking bug has came around and of course, the only way to get over an itch is to scratch it. Cupcakes came to mind as they are absolutely simple to bake, and the 'itch' can thus be satisfied in less than half an hour from the weighing of ingredients, thru' the creaming process, and up to the baking time in the oven. Personally, I love cupcakes because they remind me of my childhood and sticky little fingers, and back then, little ole me could never resist the colourful cute little paper-cup cases. In fact, to this day, I still can't. Picking up a pack of white cupcake cases from the supermarket shelf is just a gesture to make me feel a little bit more grown-up especially when my basket contains one or more packs of colored cupcake cases.
Cupcakes
I had actually wanted chocolate fudge on top of my cupcakes but unfortunately had run out of dark chocolate. So I settled instead for white chocolate fudge with chopped strawberries, which is what you see in the 'cupcake trio' picture. These were quite good 'as is' but somehow, cupcakes look so much more delicious and incredibly sinful with a whipped cream topping. Picture at the top of post is the 'ooh-ahh' cupcake with whipped cream topped with a swirl of strawberry white chocolate fudge - by the way, pic has been artistically edited with Photoshop to mimic a watercolor painting - just the right kind of effect for a glimpse of childhood days!

7 Comments:

Blogger eat stuff said...

oh they look yummy!

you could also make pink white chocolate ganache and put the strawberries on top of that...

6/22/2005 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Clare - will remember your tip the next time the baking bug bites!

6/23/2005 08:43:00 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..you're making me hungry

6/23/2005 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger DiDa said...

hello. i was looking for a nice durian mousse recipe and the search engine threw up your web site. Wow! Everything looks yummy! do you happen to have a durian mousse recipe? i'm making it for a very special someone for a very special occasion, so it's very important! :D

6/23/2005 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, Webmaster, wish I could send some over!

Hi Kuniang, unfortunately I don't do mousse (or more accurately, don't know how to do it), and in the first place there are never any leftover durians at home! Hope you find your recipe soon..

6/24/2005 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Oh what would we do without cupcakes?! They definitely ARE heaven. And yours look positively divine. White chocolate and strawberries? YUM!

Just linked to you through Eat Stuff. And I thought I was hungry before I got here. . .

Great site. I'll be back!

6/28/2005 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi farmgirl! welcome, thrilled that u like me blog, will visit urs soon!

6/29/2005 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home