Sunday, May 22, 2005

Not just any Saute Pan!

Yesterday, I went shopping for a saute pan. You're probably wondering what's the big deal - hubby thought so, too - until he peered at the price-tag when I lifted the 5-qt saute pan from Caphalon One (and mind you, S$289 was already the discounted price - I shudder to tell you the original price, you probably think me a fool parting with her money already!) . "You've got to be kidding? That's the cost of at least 10 frying-pans, which you can burn to your heart's content and throw away!" he says ... he's obviously seen the condition of some of my existing fry-pans. "Well, this one is akin to the 'BMW' of saute pans, and will be an heirloom in time to come.." and I launched into the many expected benefits from this heavyweight (unashamedly, using food into his belly as one of the weapons of persuasion). The pan is a beauty, and you've got to give it respect - how many saute pans have a dedicated website tutorial to guide you through its history, compositions and usage? In case you're wondering, Caphalon One is infused anodized cookware that, according to the brochure and website, allows for 'perfect' searing, browning and deglazing. My sis-in-law, who stayed in the US for a couple of years, owns a Caph One frying pan and swears by it - no other pan will do when she grills her fish slices.

The pan is now happily sitting on my stove-top. I have yet to attempt cooking with it due to a very busy schedule this weekend, but first thing tomorrow morning, a-marketing we will be going for stuff to sear, deglaze and braise! Can't wait ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Where did you buy you Caphalon in Spore? Shirley

6/16/2005 04:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Shirley, I bought my Caph at Takashimaya (basement 1, household dept - found it next to Le Creuset). I do remember also seeing Caph at Robinsons Centrepoint. Do go window-shopping, maybe the Great Singapore Sale will throw up some good offers!

6/16/2005 06:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home